Part of a redesign project, the product team was exploring new ways to design a campaign feature. We looked into different interaction models and tested several ideas with customers using wireframe sketches. This was a quick and dirty study to learn fast and find a direction for a single concept.
For this project, I used a cognitive walkthrough approach using a paper prototype. The objective was to test an entirely new concept that would break the current user's experience. We walked them through the process of discovering the new "feature," trying it out, and integrating it with the current design. We captured when they had reservations and dived into the why. What we discovered helped validate that there was value in this new concept, but we needed to reorder a few touchpoints in the user flow.